All-cohort gathering October 18, 2016
At the inaugural all-cohort gathering, participants heard from a panel of seminar graduates about what they had planned and accomplished following their completion of the seminar:
- Scott Ashford, Dean of the College of Engineering, spoke about changes the college has made to hiring practices.
- Dan Arp, Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences, spoke about revisions the college has made to promotion and tenure policies and practices.
- James Sweeney, Head of the School of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering, spoke about efforts in the school to revise position descriptions and annual review processes to include attention to diversity.
- Flaxen Conway, Director of the Marine Resource Management Program, Professor of Sociology and ADVANCE Fellow spoke about rethinking mentoring.
- Melody Oldfield, Assistant Vice President and Director of Marketing, spoke about how University Relations and Marketing is rethinking how to present and articulate who we are as an institution.